Reality – You can not control all of the conditions you new driver will face, but you can set standards and expectations that will limit the risks.
- LEAD BY EXAMPLE
- Invest in driver training from a reputable organization
- Commit to a practice schedule
- Keep your cool during practice sessions
- Introduce privileges gradually
- Plan ahead for challenges. A parent-teen driving contrace is a good line of defense.
- Take a refresh course yourself.
- Discuss who will pay for: gas, insurance, and repairs.